Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life in Death

My sweet friend Sandy entered Heaven's gates last week. She was one of those people that everyone loved and wanted to emulate. She was classy, sweeter than pie, and had a heart for her Jesus. The stories told at her memorial service testified to the life that sweet woman lived.

Brooklynn has been especially affected by Sandy's death. She has cried more than a few times over the loss of our friend. The amazing thing about it is that she has asked so many questions and has said some very profound things in the past week.

I have a hard time with how much she can understand at her tender age, but we try our best to navigate the questions with Truth. It has been a very eye-opening experience for me as a mother.

The other day we were praying for Tom, Sandy's husband. Brooklynn was crying and looked at me and asked if she could write a letter to Mr. Tom to let him know that she 'is here for him'.
When she was finished with her letter she brought me in to see it.

The note read, "I am here for you. I love you."

The drawing was a huge house and God holding Mrs Sandy like a baby. I was floored. She told me that she drew God really big because....God's just REALLY big!

Preach it sister!

No comments:

Visits from my friends